Dayco believes in a systems approach to belt maintenance and continues to expand its line of serpentine belt kits. With one part number providing a complete solution, Dayco offers coverage for millions of today’s domestic and import light trucks, SUVs and light-duty fleet vehicles on the road.
Each OE-quality serpentine belt kit includes all application-specific components needed to complete a front-end accessory drive (FEAD) system repair. Available to order for customers in the U.S. and Canada, kits include Dayco premium belts, patented tensioner with flat spring technology, and durable idler pulleys where applicable.
Changing all front-end components at the same time helps prevent comebacks, reduces noise issues, and enhances overall system performance. And Dayco’s kits make it easier than ever – as well as more affordable – to complete a full front-end accessory drive repair at the same time.
CLICK HERE for more information about Dayco’s serpentine belt kits.
FIVE SERPENTINE BELT MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR TECHS
Next time you’re checking a belt, follow these simple tips from Dayco’s Tech Team to save time and ensure your customer’s system is in tip top shape.
- Check belts around 60,000 miles, replace belts around 80,000 miles
- Look closely for belt wear and the difference between a V and a U shaped rib
- Check for noise like squeaks and squeals and follow our list of solutions
- Use a laser alignment to ensure proper alignment
- Replace all front end drive system components together for best performance
Check out our video on troubleshooting serpentine belt maintenance for more.