There is no question that new challenges to keep customers happy have become almost a daily occurrence.
While the importance of addressing specific hiccups with customers cannot be soft-pedaled—credits that haven’t been approved or applied, warranty claims that are still be evaluated, banner program and pricing imperatives that must be met—these short term issues can serve to obscure larger changes in how clients deal with you.
According to a Salesforce survey of B2B sales teams, here are the top reasons why meeting customer expectations is getting harder:
1. Customer needs have grown more sophisticated.
2. Customers expect us to be a trusted advisor
3. Customers expect the same level of service every time we interact with them
4. Customers expect interaction to happen in real time.
5. Customs are less loyal because they’re wary of being locked into a vendor.
6. Customers have become more experience with competitive, disciplined bidding.
7. Customer motivations have shifted from price to value
8. Customers expect a confident experience across every channel